Mitch and I just wrapped up week 7 of quarantine / staying at home amid the covid-19 pandemic. We have both been working from home which is nice, but can also be hard to really disconnect from work.
Some weeks are better than others, but we are doing very well all things considered!
We enjoy the additional time we have to spend at home together (and with Char) and are really getting excited about the nice warm weather that we’re starting to have. More time we’ll get to spend in our new yard! We have also been getting creative, coming up with ways to stay entertained and make great memories at home.
It seems like we’ll be at home for likely awhile longer, so I thought I would put together a list of 21 fun and unique things to do while you’re at home!
- Recreate some of your favorite meals from your favorite places
- Have a campout in your backyard, balcony, or even your living room
- Make your favorite cocktails from around the world
- Buy (or create) a map to hang proudly in your home with pins in everywhere you’ve been
- Create a Shutterfly book of your travel adventures
- Look into credit card options with travel points and start banking points for future travel
- Build travel guides for the places you’ve visited
Other things to do
While many of the suggested things to do in regards to traveling revolve around reminiscing about the past or thinking ahead about the future, here are some other things you can do embrace the current moment and the time at home.
- Read a good book… or five
- Start a book club
- Get your baking & cooking on!
- Use your green thumb
- Recreate your favorite Starbucks drink at home
- Spread some love to your friends and family with a surprise
- Meditate and practice yoga
- Go for a walk at least once a day
- Have a picnic outdoors
- Go for a scenic drive
- Call your relatives and old friends (especially those that live alone)
- Have a board game night
- Start budgeting or tracking your expenses – I love the app Spending Tracker. It’s a super simple app that I use to track all of my discretionary spend. I don’t have a budget but rather a monthly goal limit. Documenting all my discretionary purchases makes me feel more in control of my finances & definitely makes me spend my money more intentionally, which ultimately makes me feel good 🙂
- Take on a house project
22. Bonus: Adopt a dog! 😉 Thought I would throw this one in here, even though it’s a big commitment and definitely not for everyone 🙂
What have you been doing to stay entertained during this time at home during quarantine? I would love to hear in the comments what you’ve all been up to!